Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's Not About The Bike by Lance Armstrong/Sally Jenkins

It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to LifeIt's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life by Lance Armstrong

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Good read about Armstrong's early career, journey through cancer diagnosis and treatment, and subsequent Tour de France victory. I know the name, of course, but I didn't really follow cycling when this was all going on. It taught me a lot about cycling tactics and team dynamics.



I think this would be an inspirational book for anyone going through a cancer diagnosis, and the experience certainly seems to have made a huge impact on Armstrong's life and focus. In addition to being about him, though, later parts of the book are also a bit of a love letter to his ex-wife Kristin. Like in John Denver's Annie's Song, the book survives the relationship it celebrates, and it's interesting to read it after the fact.







View all my reviews

1 comment: